October 11, 2011:
Ocean Sky Jet Centre Luton can now take provisional ACL ground slot bookings and handling bookings for the 2012 Olympic Games. Confirmation of these provisional slots will begin from 30th November 2011. All slots will be issued on a first come, first served basis. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- The London airspace during the Olympic Games will be split into a prohibited zone and a restricted zone. London Luton airport will be in the restricted zone and will become level 3 slot coordinated for the duration of the Olympic Games (but not the Paralympics).
- All aircraft arriving or departing in and out of Luton Airport from the 21st July to 15th August 2012, inclusive, will require an ACL Ground Slot. No flights will be accepted without a pre-booked slot.
- If a requested slot time is not available, the closest match will be offered.
- Slot bookings may be subject to a non-refundable charge, this charge would add to the cost of the handling fee.
- Atlas Control will be put in place to monitor all flight plans during the Olympic period. All flight plans must correspond with a requested slot. If flight plans do not correspond with a slot, Atlas Control will have the authority to cancel the flight plan from the system.
- Slot times must be adhered to otherwise the operator may be liable for a fine from ACL and is likely to incur delays in waiting for the next available slot.
Ocean Sky Jet Centre Luton are committed to assisting our customers in the months running up to and including the Olympics with information and support for all relevant procedures and restrictions. Our regular bulletins will provide up-to-date information for your Olympic travel plans through London Luton.
Press release issued by RSS Jet Centre.